The Triathlon @Ellesmere takes place in a beautiful setting, with the swim taking place in the Mere, a picturesque lake in the heart of Ellesmere. The cycle course takes athletes through scenic countryside and the run route offers closed to traffic roads, and stunning views across the Mere.
Overall, the Ellesmere triathlon is a challenging and rewarding event that attracts athletes of all levels of experience and ability. With a range of distances, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
This popular event offers participants the opportunity to challenge themselves as an individual entry or as a part of a relay team of two or three.
- Registration, swim start, transition, and finish line are all within a stone's throw of each other
- Open water swim in The Mere
- Shropshire & Welsh countryside bike course
- Closed to traffic road run course
- Official event photographer capturing your bike, run & finish
- Finishers medal for everyone
The Mere in Ellesmere was awarded the Green Flag Award for eight years in a row, recognising it as one of the best parks in the world.
Read the full article via Shropshire Live https://www.shropshirelive.com/news/2019/07/16/the...
For further information about Ellesmere visit www.ellesmere.info