UK Kids Fun Triathlon York
UK Kids Fun Triathlon is coming to York Sport Village! Take part in one of the very best kids triathlon experience in the country.
|Date:||Saturday 13th July 2019|
|Venue:||York Sports Village, York YO10 5FG|
|Event Start:||From 1:30pm|
|Age Range:||5 Years to 16 Years (on race day)|
|Prices:||From £13 (each distance individually priced).|
We are very excited to add the first York UK Kids Fun Triathlon to our event calendar for 2019!
York Sport village will host the inaugural event in 2019 on Saturday 13 July, the day before the York Triathlon for 14+ year olds held on Sunday 14 July and now in it's fifth year.
- Achievable distances for all abilities of 5-16 yr olds
- Safe environment with event course contained within the grounds of York Sport Village
- Indoor pool swim
- Cycle track bikecourse
- Run route around the velodrome
- UK Kids Fun Triathlon 2019 finishers medal for everyone
- Official UK Kids Fun Event T-shirt available to purchase on the day
NB: There will be a promotional video being filmed and photographs being taken at the event so please be aware of this.
As organisers of the biggest triathlon series across the UK we are passionate and proud about what we do.
The Kids Fun Triathlons are no exception and leave everyone with a special sense of achievement at the end of an event when hundreds of smiling kids faces, parents words of appreciation and promises to return next year confirm that the end result was worth every bit of hard work all round.
Please Note: Competitor Race Day Information will be emailed out to competitors 7-10 days before the event.
|Age Guideline ONLY||Distances:|
|5-7||Tin Fun Triathlon: 18m swim - 750m cycle - 300m run|
|6-9||Zinc Fun Triathlon: 25m swim - 1km cycle - 700m run|
|8-11||Steel Fun Triathlon: 50m swim - 2km cycle - 1400m run|
|10-13||Bronze Fun Triathlon: 75m swim - 3k cycle - 1400m run|
|12-15||Silver Fun Triathlon: 100m swim - 4km cycle - 2100m run|
|13-16||Gold Fun Triathlon: 150m swim - 4km cycle - 2800m run|
|All Ages||Triathlon Relay Team: 150m swim - 4km cycle - 2800m run|
Competitor Race Day Information
Please take some time to read all the event information, it will make it far more enjoyable for you and reduce the need to ask questions on the day. Good luck and have a great day!
Race Day Information 2019 - Coming Soon
WE DO NOT POST ANYTHING OUT - you will collect your race numbers, tattoos, stickers etc. at registration on the day.
All finishers will be awarded a medal at the finish line.
Children will be started at 20 second intervals in the pool. The swim course is very straight forward and there will be a verbal briefing prior to each child starting.
A swim cap will be given to each child at poolside and must be worn.
Children may use their own swim cap if preferred.
The cycle course is flat & all with the grounds of York Sport Village.
Children will not be allowed to take part without a bike helmet.
The run is flat. The course is again completely post & taped and within the grounds of the York Sort Village.
- The bike and run courses are flat and mostly on a very good tarmac surface.
- Make sure your read your children’s event day information for a comprehensive outlook about the kids fun event.
- Distances will be made clear for the children on the day of the event via their event brief, signs around the course and marshals guiding them in the right direction.
- If you're not sure about anything on the day, ask any member of the race crew around the course and at registration.
- Parents/guardians, if you have a wristband, you are allowed into the cycle transition areas with your children to help them.
2019 Results - Available shortly after event.
Feedback from our UK Kids Fun Events Series
Thank you for a splendid event on Saturday. India thoroughly enjoyed her first triathlon, and is keen to do another one as soon as possible! The whole event was beautifully organised and the officials were unfailingly friendly, kind, helpful and patient. We all had a great day. See you next year! Best wishes,
Thank you for a great weekend. My daughter enjoyed her first triathlon and I had a fantastic day yesterday! Many thanks
York Sports Village,