UK Kids Fun Ultimate Triathlon
|Date:||Saturday 1st June 2019|
|Venue:||Alderford Lake, Whitchurch, Shropshire|
|Swim:||Freshwater Lake (no current and no weed)|
|Starts From:||1100hrs until approx 1300hrs|
|Age Range:||7 Years to 16 Years (on race day)|
The UK Kids Fun Ultimate Triathlon is now in it's sixth year and held at the peaceful & picturesque venue of Alderford Lake (formerly known as Dearnford Lake), in Whitchurch, Shropshire.
Centrally located and with great facilities including camping, lakeside cafe and kids play area there really is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Achievable distances for all abilities of 7-16 yr olds
- Event course contained within the grounds of Alderford Lake
- Safely roped, freshwater lake edge swim with no currents
- Grass cycle & run course around the lake
- On-site facilities including parking, lakeside café, camping and kids play area
- UK Kids Fun Triathlon 2019 finishers medal for every participant
- Official UK Kids Fun Event T-shirts available to purchase on the day
NB: There will be a promotional video being filmed at the event so please be aware of this
As organisers of the biggest triathlon series across the UK we are passionate and proud about what we do.
The Kids Fun Triathlons are no exception and leave everyone with a special sense of achievement at the end of an event when hundreds of smiling kids faces, parents words of appreciation and promises to return next year confirm that the end result was worth every bit of hard work all round.
Please Note: Competitor Race Day Information (Individual Start Times, Bib Numbers etc) will be emailed out to competitors 7-10 days before the event.
|Age Guideline ONLY||Distances:|
|7-9||Zinc Fun Triathlon: 25m swim - 1km cycle - 500m run|
|8-11||Steel Fun Triathlon: 50m swim - 2km cycle - 1000m run|
|10-13||Bronze Fun Triathlon: 75m swim - 3k cycle - 1500m run|
|12-15||Silver Fun Triathlon: 100m swim - 4km cycle - 2000m run|
|13-16||Gold Fun Triathlon: 150m swim - 4km cycle - 2500m run|
|All Ages||Triathlon Relay Team: 150m swim - 4km cycle - 2500m run|
PDF Documents: click each to open or download
Ultimate Kids Tri - Overall Course
Ultimate Kids Tri - Cycle & Run
The freshwater lake has no currents and will have lane rope, as used in swimming pools, marking the 25 metre course the children have to swim. The lane rope is also there as an aid should any child feel the need to stop and hold on to something. There are safety marshals and canoeists in the water to look after the children.
They will be started at 20 second intervals in the lake so there are no mass starts. The swim course is very straight forward and there will be a verbal briefing prior to each child starting.
A swim cap will be given to each child and must be worn. Children may use their own swim cap instead if preferred.
The cycle course is fairly flat, on grass and entirely within the grounds of Dearnford Lake. The course is completely post & taped making it easy to follow. Children will not be allowed to take part without a bike helmet.
The run is fairly flat and entirely on grass. The course again is completely post & taped and within the grounds of Dearnford Lake.
Ultimate Fun Kids Full Event Course information
- The whole of the bike and run course will be post and taped, making it very easy to navigate for the children.
- The whole of the bike and run course is on short grass and is flat as well as being inside the grounds of Alderford Lake, making it safe for the children.
- The swim course will be one lane rope 25m in distance, the children will swim along the lane rope (25m), if they have finished they will exit the water, if they need to do another lap they will go around the lane rope and swim on the other side.
- Safety in the water: there will be safety divers, race crew & canoeists in the water at all times; they will guide the children around the swim course to make sure the children are safe.
Laps & Distances
Competitor Race Day Information
Please take some time to read all the event information, it will make it far more enjoyable for you and reduce the need to ask questions on the day. Good luck and have a great day!
You can use this information as a guide for your 2019 event. Full and up to date 2019 competitor race day information with your race number and start time will be emailed to you 7-10 days before the event.
WE DO NOT POST ANYTHING OUT - you will collect your race numbers, tattoos, stickers etc. at registration on the day.